Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wordy Wednesday: I Got Nothing!

Since last Wednesday, this has been an interesting week that has left me weary and feeling very uncreative.
Last Wednesday on the way to meet with friends, during a lane change on the DC Beltway, a pothole caused a blowout on one of my car's tires. First, I was ok! Second, I was able to limp it to a service station. Third. I freaked out once I was in a safe place, I have never had a blowout before. A couple of friends calmed me down. Once I was calm, I realized in the grand scheme of things this was just a blip. Sure it was a hassle but it it could have been worse. Only a tire needed to be replaced.


The other thing sapping my creativity was a project at work. This time of the year at work is evaluation time. Currently, I write 24 evaluations each year. I spent the majority of last week, this past weekend and Monday writing these things that I jokingly refer to as term papers. This is no joy and each year I hope to change things enough so it does not wind up being such an awful experience for me. But I am dependent on others who are often late with critical input.  I learned a new lesson this time around. I should not write anything nor try and proof anything after midnight, especially if I have been writing for the six hour prior. So a few re-writes had to occur today. Once I finished those re-writes, and thought about Wordy Wednesday I realized I had nothing left. So happy hump day and here is a photo of pretty flowers...