Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Happy Repeal Day!

Yes, I know it has been awhile. I lost track of time.
 My last post was in July and that seems only like a couple of weeks ago. Now friend do not fret, it is not like I have been ignoring the wonderful world of wine, vineyards, food and travels. Quite to the contrary, I have had some amazing adventures and came across few nice gems that will be featured in future articles.

But for today, the focus is on what happened 79 years ago today.
What was happened you ask?
The repeal of Prohibition is what happened. Of course with our government, even in 1933, it was not as simple as one day alchohol was illegal and the next day it was legal. There are actually two dates that are important in the repeal of the 18th amedment, March 22, 1933 and December 5, 1933, the day the 21st Amendment was ratified and thus ending prohibition.

So in honor of Repeal Day I bring you a lovely red blend from Breaux Vineyards. Acadia is a blend of three grapes Syrah, Chambourcin and Malbec.

Cheers and see you soon!